How to use this easy piano online ?
Learn piano notes
This piano is used to display the name of notes on the various keys. If you have never played a piano, you can learn to find the name of the notes, and practice playing small, simple pieces.
To see the notes C, D, E, F, G, A and B click on the button “English notation“, to see the notes Do, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol, La, Si, click on the “latin notation” button, your can also choose empty notion to see the open chords.
For the black keys, they correspond to the notes followed by a sharp (#) or a flat (b). Depending on the song you want to play, you will see on your score, sharps or flats. Click on the “sharp” or “flat” button, according to your needs.
A small diagram to help you, on the central part of the keyboard:
Three essential benchmarks for the uninitiated:
- C D E F G A B :the range we all learn, is played from left to right, playing the white keys,
- Visualize the group of two black keys: the white note just to the left of this group is the C,
- The middle of the keyboard. There are many keys? Do not panic: start as proposed here to play in the middle of the piano (E in black).
Playing easy things on the piano, composing
To play, just click on the screen, on the keys you want to play, as if it were a real piano. This piano is designed for tablets, smartphones and touch screens: you can use your fingers. For computers, you have to use your mouse.
You can play multiple notes at once and make chords.
You can move on the keyboard, and so go down in the bass by going to the left, or climb in the treble by going to the right, by clicking on the arrows above the keyboard.
Here are some very easy pieces to discover the notes of the keyboard:
[page with 10 single 1-hand songs – being created]
You can also practice with this keyboard online:
- To recognize the sound of the notes. The main tool of the musician is his/her ear, well before the eyes or the fingers … Enjoy every moment to work your ear, and get rid of reading partitions, automatic sentences in the fingers …
- Look for melodies that you have in mind. Enjoy every free moment to work as a game: instead of looking for sheet music and music notes that you like, try to find them for yourself. This is what will make you a musician, developing your listening, your benchmarks on the piano, and a catalog of music that will accompany you everywhere …
- Create small melodies, your compositions. Try combinations of notes to create your own music. Two axes to start:
- Try to create an air in your head, at best to sing it, then to reproduce it on the keyboard,
- Try to create directly on the keyboard. For that, think of the field of possibilities: to repeat certain notes, to repeat certain sequences of notes, not to play all the time and let the music breathe (leave the place to the silence),. Also think that it is not the number of notes and the speed that make the most beautiful music.
Tuning your instrument
The keyboard is useful for tuning a large number of instruments. Even guitarists who do not have a guitar tuner can use it. But it is especially useful for wind instruments: it will give you the right note, which is the one you must obtain by playing the note of the same name on your instrument.
If you get the same rating, you are granted! If you have a different note, you will need to adjust it to the same note, after reading the following tips:
This keyboard is convenient to tune any type of instrument. To tune your instrument, it is important, however, to:
- Know the notes on which to tuned.
In the orchestra, the reference note is usually the note A (La in latin notation). It is this note that serves as a tuning fork, on a frequency of 440Hz. In case: to find the La on the keyboard, you take a group of 3 black keys, most commonly the one in the middle and right of you in the middle of the keyboard, and you press the white key that is right to the left of the rightmost black key. If it is common to use this note to tune, you can agree on any note of course.
Many instruments require only a general tuning, that is to say that by giving a single note, the whole instrument fits: the brass pull on a slide, the reeds adjust their beaks … For strings, it will adjust each string. They should therefore know on which note to grant each string. To help you, we have provided specific tuners for guitar, bass, violin, ukulele, standard tuning …
- Know the range of your instrument
Warning: a A on a piano is not necessarily a A on your instrument. It sounds absurd, but it’s like that, and it’s very important to know that. You must know the range of your instrument, and possibly “transpose”:
If your instrument is in “C”, like pianos, or if you sing, you do not have this problem.
On the other hand if your instrument is “in B flat”, it is necessary to understand; “When I play a C, we hear a B flat”. From there, it makes sense …
To play the same note as the piano, a Bb trumpet player will have to play … a B flat (attention is a coincidence …).
To play the same note as the piano, a saxophonist Eb will play … a Fa: “I play a C so I hear a Eb”, 3 semitones above, so to hear a A I must play 3 semitones underneath, a F …
Singers need support when they practice. Unlike instruments, you can not “tune” your voice from time to time, but you have to be careful about its accuracy. We can not agree on a single note, because it is up to us to find the right intervals between each note, with his voice.
When you are in your choir, surrounded by other musicians, or when you practice on backing tracks, on a song, we have a support to sing just, but we do not focus enough on his own voice, on his own notes.
To work the song, it is therefore recommended to work with a keyboard, by simply playing on the keyboard notes that you must sing. If there are too many notes, or if you do not have enough piano and singing to do two things at once, you can ask someone to play the keyboard, or find only some benchmarks that you support . Also remember that even the best musicians work slowly: think about working the right before the rhythm, at first.
Check the accuracy of a piano or keyboard
If digital pianos do not “move” and do not require re-tuning, acoustic pianos must be tuned regularly. The rhythm of the tunings depends on many factors: the place where your piano is located (changes of temperature, the degree of humidity), the making and the age of your piano, the use that you make of it too.
You often do not need to call your tuner every year. If you have a doubt about the accuracy of your piano, and before contacting a tuner, compare the notes of your instrument with those of this keyboard online.
Attention: all digital keyboards, even among major brands like Yamaha, Roland, North, are not necessarily granted in 440Hz. Pay attention to the purchase, or refer to the instruction manual if necessary. To play in a group, it is better to be in 440Hz.